Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
As a direct result of your response, we have donated £475 to three Ukraine charities. In recognition that the Ukraine Refugee crisis is escalating, we are extending options for donation purchases. Fiona Scott-Wilson is very moved by the events that have displaced millions of Ukrainian families and has three new works now available with your own promotional kit with Greeting Cards, Teeshirts and posters plus a special combination bundle to make an emotional statement about the value of Ukraine as a sovereign nation with its symbols of sunflowers, The Tryzub and the people. Proudly wear the teeshirt, post the posters in local shops, send the greeting cards to friends (and receive a 20% coupon towards the cost of the work of art canvas or giclee print, if you fall in love with the image and enjoy supporting Ukraine with art.
“If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.“– William Morris – Arts and Crafts Movement founder
By creating these colored, paper cutouts, it seems to me that I am happily anticipating things to come. I don’t think that I have ever found such balance as I have in creating these paper cutouts. But I know that it will only be much later that people will realize to what extent, the work I am doing today is in step with the future.– Matisse
Enhance your home with vibrant cut-paper paintings
Fiona Scott-Wilson creates original and unique cut paper paintings which are now available to view in our gallery. FSW Gallery offers colour-accurate quality giclee prints on archival paper framed in natural oak or ready for your own framing choice, plus a range of gorgeous A5 greeting cards. Highly collectable, valuable, original Cut paper paintings are also available direct from the artist.
Inspired by nature, a passion for the Arts and Crafts Movement, Oriental design, and a love of Matisse, Monet and Impressionists, Fiona’s vibrant and exquisite, detailed Cut paper paintings bring joy and glorious colours into your home that enrich your beautiful living space, enhancing with bold colours or a chosen themed design, like a Monet inspired work in paper called “The River Bathers”.
Curate your own sense of style and choose from the extensive Cut paper paintings in the gallery where you can discover works of art following the Arts and Crafts Movement in the style of William Morris and the Pre-Raphelites. A contemporary East meets West take on Japanese Woodcuts and World of nature influences, plus works inspired by the impressionists .
The medium of hand cutting coloured paper was introduced by Matisse who made cut-paper into a viable art form. Fiona has evolved that technique to create a new way of painting with multiple shades of paper, hand cut with a scalpel, like a brush stroke .
Browse our continuously expanding range of inspired works and discover a rich tapestry of vibrant colour and design that will enhance the beauty of your home with collectable, investable artworks creating a fascinating talking point to share with family and friends. Invest in original, beautifully crafted works of art.
The Gallery Shop
“Matisse would have been proud of you for using the cut out coloured paper technique. Good composition, imaginative, lovely.”
“I’ve never seen cut-paper work before … a very beautiful craft. The textures apparent on the cats and the bird designs were excellent”.
“One of the best exhibitions I have seen. Very high standard of work.”
“Amazing – high-quality work. Really astounded by current exhibition.”
“Delightful work, colourful and vibrant”
“Excellent art, very original”
“unique and talented artist”
From the artist
“Cutting into colour reminds me of the sculptor’s direct carving.”
– Henri Matisse
“Colour was not given to us in order that we imitate nature, it was given to us so that we can express our emotions.”
– Henri Matisse
- Cranleigh ExhibitionThe Water Lilies Series is being exhibited in the Cranleigh Arts Centre, Surrey from Sept 16th until October 12th. The address of the venue: Cranleigh Arts,1 High Street, Cranleigh,Surrey, GU6 8AS Link: https://cranleigharts.org/event/celebrating-art-exhibition/
- Celebrating Artists ExhibitionThe Exhibition opened on July 11th. Fiona Scott-Wilson has 6 works in the exhibition.
- Ilminster and Chard NewsFiona Scott-Wilson in the news https://www.chardandilminsternews.co.uk/news/23630596.fiona-scott-wilsons-work-displayed-ilminster-arts-centre/
- Preparing for the ExhibitionThe Water Lilies series started with a visit to Paris, the Musee D’Orsay and Musée de l’Orangerie to see The Impressionists and Monet’s Waterlilies. Fiona returned to nature as a source of inspiration after extending the Beach Series and introducing the Bathers, which were explorations of Impressionist art through the Cut Paper method she has perfected. Leaving Only Footprints is a … Read more
- British Contemporary ArtBritishContemporary.Art – an online Gallery Introducing BCA – an exciting new online multi award winning gallery curating a select group of British artists. The Gallery platform showcases and sells original artworks. BCA makes buying original artwork a safe, and easier process, even simpler than buying from traditional galleries. View original works from the comfort of … Read more
Water Lily Series Card Set£24.00
Kingfishers and Water Lilies stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Otters Fishing stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Dragonflies and Water Lilies – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£60.00 – £190.00
King Fishers and Water Lilies – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£60.00 – £190.00
Great Egret and Water Lilies – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£60.00 – £190.00