British Contemporary Art
Fiona Scott-Wilson has been accepted by the prestigious online gallery. A range of her framed original works are now available. More…
Water Lilies Series Exhibition
The six original works in the Water Lilies Series have been confirmed in the Celebrating Art Group Exhibition at the Ilminster Arts Centre from July 11th until August 12th. These are available as artist signed colour accurate beautiful giclee prints, ready for framing. and check Latest for a limited offer for Giclee Prints.
Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
Ukraine Artworks and Appeal
Celebrating Ukraine – read more
Tribute to Ukraine Artists
BOOK: Hope for Ukraine book
Fiona’s work is featured in a new book, Hope For Ukraine. Her significant Ukraine series celebrates the spirit of the Ukraine people, pays homage to two significant Ukraine artists and raised money for Ukraine charities.
New editions of Canvas Print editions of the Ukraine series are available in UK, EU and the USA. We will hold the prices for these for as long as possible.
Cut-paper Tribute to Lyubov Panchenko stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Cut-paper Tribute to Maria Prymachenko stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
“Matisse would have been proud of you for using the cut out coloured paper technique. Good composition, imaginative, lovely.”
“I’ve never seen cut-paper work before … a very beautiful craft. The textures apparent on the cats and the bird designs were excellent”.
“One of the best exhibitions I have seen. Very high standard of work.”
“Amazing – high-quality work. Really astounded by current exhibition.”
“Delightful work, colourful and vibrant”
“Excellent art, very original”
“unique and talented artist”
“Cutting into colour reminds me of the sculptor’s direct carving.”– Henri Matisse
“Colour was not given to us in order that we imitate nature, it was given to us so that we can express our emotions.”– Henri Matisse
“If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.“– William Morris – Arts and Crafts Movement founder
By creating these colored, paper cutouts, it seems to me that I am happily anticipating things to come. I don’t think that I have ever found such balance as I have in creating these paper cutouts. But I know that it will only be much later that people will realize to what extent, the work I am doing today is in step with the future.– Matisse
Enhance your home with vibrant cut-paper art
Step into the world of colour and creativity with Fiona Scott-Wilson’s one-of-a-kind cut-paper paintings, now on display at FSW Gallery. We offer colour-accurate, high-quality giclee prints on archival paper, framed in natural oak or ready to frame, or as easy-to-hang stretched canvas prints which make great unique gifts along with our large A5 art greeting cards.
Inspired by nature, a passion for The Arts and Crafts Movement, Oriental design and the great Impressionists Fiona’s detailed cut-paper paintings enrich your beautiful living space, enhancing with bold colours or a chosen themed design, like a Monet inspired work in paper called “The River Bathers”.
The medium of hand cutting coloured paper was introduced by Matisse who made cut-paper into a viable art form. Fiona has evolved that technique to create a new way of painting with multiple shades of paper, hand cut with a scalpel, like a brush stroke .
Beautiful Giclee Prints
Browse our range of inspired works and discover a rich tapestry of vibrant colour and design that will enhance the beauty of your home with collectable, investable art prints created with the colour accurate giclee process, creating a fascinating talking point to share with family and friends. Invest in original, beautifully crafted works of art.
Abundance Limited Series giclee prints with custom mountboard£45.00 – £190.00
The Greedy Heron – giclee print£45.00 – £300.00
Dancing Dragonflies – giclee print£100.00 – £280.00
Great Egret and Water Lilies – Giclee Print£50.00 – £290.00
Dragonflies and Water Lilies – Giclee Print ready for framing£45.00 – £180.00
Kingfishers and Water Lilies – Giclee Print ready for framing£45.00 – £180.00
Add a truly unique piece of art to your home. Printed with precision on archival quality paper a limited range of signed prints. A tasteful oak framing is available as an option or the print only if you wish to make arrangements with your local framer.
Large Greeting Cards
Dragonflies and Water Lilies art card£5.00 – £42.00
Mynah Birds with Orange Blossom A5 Card£5.00 – £42.00
Bluejays of Hope Square Card£5.00 – £42.00
Curate your own sense of style and choose your cut-paper painting from the gallery. Discover works following the Arts and Crafts Movement in the style of William Morris and the Pre-Raphelites. Or, a contemporary East meets West take on Japanese Woodcuts and World of nature influences, plus works inspired by the impressionists including Monet and Matisse.
Stretched Canvas (simple to hang)
Ideal for your budget, easy-to-hang and remove (using a command strip, be kind to walls).
Abundance – stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Cut-paper Tribute to Lyubov Panchenko stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Bullfinches on Blossom – stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Kingfishers and River Plants – stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
The Gallery Shop
- Preparing for the ExhibitionThe Water Lilies series started with a visit to Paris, the Musee D’Orsay and Musée de l’Orangerie to see The Impressionists and Monet’s Waterlilies. Fiona returned to nature as a source of inspiration after extending the Beach Series and introducing the Bathers, which were explorations of Impressionist art through the Cut Paper method she has perfected. Leaving Only Footprints is a […]
- British Contemporary ArtBritishContemporary.Art – an online Gallery Introducing BCA – an exciting new online multi award winning gallery curating a select group of British artists. The Gallery platform showcases and sells original artworks. BCA makes buying original artwork a safe, and easier process, even simpler than buying from traditional galleries. View original works from the comfort of […]
- The Water Lilies SeriesSix original works in the Water Lilies Series have been confirmed in the Celebrating Art Group Exhibition at the Ilminster Arts Centre from July 11th until August 12th. We are pleased to announce this limited series of beautifully vibrant giclee prints signed by the artist, ready for framing with measured mounting and protective backing board. […]
- Hope for TurkiyeI was inspired by the extraordinary courage and bravery of the Turkish and Syrian people who came together to help save as many people as they could find under the enormous blanket of rubble after the earthquake devastated and destroyed large parts of their Country. I needed to create an image that would resonate universally […]
- Celebrating UkraineUkraine Series Stretched Canvas celebrate Ukraine and two important folk artists who died during the war and the plight of refugees and the next generation. Orders of these works no only will give you a beautiful and significant art work to hang on your wall, but we will set aside 25% of our sales until […]
Kingfishers and Water Lilies stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Otters Fishing stretched canvas£45.00 – £60.00
Dragonflies and Water Lilies – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£45.00 – £190.00
King Fishers and Water Lilies – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£45.00 – £190.00
Great Egret and Water Lilies – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£45.00 – £190.00
The Greedy Heron – Limited Series Giclee Prints with custom mountboard£45.00 – £90.00